Ever wanted the perfect sous vide ribeye recipe? Here it is! The Sous Vide takes away all the guesswork and allows you to make a delicious steak without having to worry about undercooking or overcooking. Since the vapors and juices are trapped in the sealed bag your ribeye will have a flavor equal to or better than top notch steakhouses. If you follow this recipe correctly, you probably won’t even need a knife- trust me.
Get ready to knock your own socks off. If you don’t already have your Sous Vide Machine, take a look at my top 10 here and get you one asap!
Sous Vide Rib Eye Steak
One or Two boneless rib eye steaks
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 thyme sprigs
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 Rosemary Sprig
One 3-inch piece lemon zest
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Firstly, season your steak with salt and pepper. After that, put it in the bag with the thyme, rosemary, garlic and lemon and vacuum seal closed. However, do yourself a favor and make sure you don’t get any ingredients on the ziploc part of the bag or it won’t seal properly.
2. Set your Sous Vide to 135° for medium doneness. But, don’t add your meat until the temp is reached.
3. When the water has reached 135° place the bag in the pot and cook the steak for 2 hours. After that, remove the bag from the pot and take the steak out of the bag, carefully drying the steak with paper towels. But don’t worry about how it looks right now because we are going to make it beautiful with the next steps.
3. Grab your Cast Iron Skillet, apply vegetable oil and turn the heat on High. After that, the steak and sear on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Most importantly, transfer to a wooden cutting board, cover with foil and let your steak rest for 10 minutes to lock in the flavor.
4. Enjoy your perfectly cooked, badass steak- preferably with someone you love. And lastly, share this sous vide ribeye recipe with your friends so they can enjoy too.